Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Countdown: Day 6

Today the boys had a half day at school. I treated them to lunch at the BX, something I hate doing but they love. Once we got home we worked on homework, which took a while longer than I planned. I got our craft project all set up. Today we did a 12 Days of Christmas project. The kids enjoyed picking out things for each day. Although, they were a little upset we were wasting the M&M's by gluing them down. All 4 loved this project and really took their time gluing everything down.



By the time we finished our project it was time to get ready for our special activity, playing basketball with the Harlem Globetrotters. But first, I got to open my Christmas present from my parents early. I was shocked and beyond excited to get a new camera. The battery charged and we headed to the gym on base. The kids got to play basketball with the Globetrotters for 40 minutes. No parents were allowed inside, kids only, so no pictures. They came running out full of excitement. I wasn't planning on staying for the basketball game, but they all really wanted to, even though we hadn't had dinner.


We only stayed for the 1st half because it was getting late. By the time we got home it was 7:30. The kids ate a little something. It was way too late for a treat or movie. Parker opened today's book, "Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas". We sat down together and read the book, well, I should say sang the book. What a fun filled day!


(Main 25 Days of Christmas Countdown Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment